A Lifetime of Achievement is the seventh episode of the eleventh season in this revival sitcom of Murphy Brown which was aired on November 8, 2018. It was directed by Michael Lembeck and written by Tom Seeley.
The “Murphy in the Morning” team, Avery and Phyllis join Jim Dial at an eventful lifetime achievement award gala in his honor, hosted by Katie Couric and attended by Murphy's worst-ever secretary who has a surprising new connection to Murphy. Also, Murphy discovers a kindred spirit in Judge Nate Campbell another gala attendee.
- Candice Bergen as Murphy Brown
- Faith Ford as Corky Sherwood
- Grant Shaud as Miles Silverberg
- Joe Regalbuto as Frank Fontana
- Jake McDorman as Avery Brown
- Nik Dodani as Pat Patel
- Tyne Daly as Phyllis
Supporting Cast Edit
- Adan Rocha as Miguel
- Bette Midler as Caprice Caputowitz Feldman Morton
- Katie Couric as Herself
- John Larroquette as Judge Nate Campbell
- Analeigh Tipton as Lauren McCoy
- Isaac Powell as Jack
- Both Bergen and John Larroquette played love interests on the series Boston Legal (2004–2008). They also co-starred on Broadway in the 2012 revival of Gore Vidal's "The Best Man."
- At the banquet dinner Bette Midler's character says she'll "be the wings beneath" the wheelchair of the elderly man she is pushing, paraphrasing her song "Wind Beneath My Wings."
- When Murphy's date says she can just say "I don't recall," he is poking fun at former Attorney General Jeff Sessions. When Sessions was being vetted for the job of Attorney General if there was a question he didn't want to answer he would say, "I don't recall."